If you have been injured in an accident, or tragically lost a loved one, the value of your potential case is not fixed in stone on the day of your accident. There are many important things that need to happen quickly, to get the most money from your case.
The best way for us to help you is for you to call or email us ASAP.
There are many things that can cause you to lose a lot of money if you make mistakes early in the process.
What you need to know:
DEALING WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES
- Insurance companies are not your friend. Do not call or talk to them without hiring a lawyer. They have written books about how insurance companies have changed – with evidence from lawsuits filed against them for unfair practices, to hurt the consumer, back in the 90s. This includes your own insurance company.
WARNING ABOUT HIGH VOLUME INJURY & ACCIDENT LAW FIRMS
DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE, OR ADMIT FAULT
- Do not talk to anyone at the accident scene, or any insurance adjuster.
- If you are pressured, say that you want to speak to your lawyer first.
- Never admit fault at the scene, or anytime, or apologize for what happened.
- Do not tell your doctor that you were at fault, or partially at fault.
- You should not discuss what happened with anyone but your lawyer.
- Do not post of social media about your accident.
MEDICAL CARE AFTER YOUR ACCIDENT HAS A HUGE IMPACT ON CASE VALUE
- You need medical care URGENTLY to prove your accident case.
- If you wait more than 14 days, you lose PIP benefits.
- Our first job is to get you into the best doc based on your injuries
- Waiting to receive care can dramatically lower your case value.
- Not all doctors are the same. A bad doc can absolutely harm your case value.
- We have long-standing connections to some of the best docs
- We have ZERO financial interest in any doctors or medical facilities.
HIRING THE WRONG LAWYER CAN TOTALLY TANK YOUR CASE
- If you have moderate to severe (or catastrophic) injuries, or someone died, then the lawyer you hire absolutely can make a huge difference in the amount you recover. Literally one firm might get you $2500 and the other gets you a million.
- Critical evidence in serious injury cases can quickly disappear and render your case value zero or much less than it should be.
- Here’s more about hiring a big law firm:
- People often call us desperate to receive better representation than they have received at other firms, large and small.
- Sometimes you can fire your existing lawyer, and sometimes you can’t.
BIG FIRMS HAVE OVERWORKED LAWYERS
- You should never, ever hire a big law firm (even if you don’t hire us).
- Despite the alluring billboards, lawyers with big injury law firms work in an extremely high volume atmosphere.
- High volume lawyering is the absolute last thing you want, if you have a serious injury case.
- The billboard recoveries featured around town are extremely misleading for many reasons.
- A few high value recoveries (among tens of thousands of cases) absolutely does NOT mean that any firm maximizes the value for each of their clients.
- High volume lawyering leads to many mistakes.
- We’ve had MANY clients come to us over the years after big and other smaller firms made huge mistakes in their cases.
- There is good evidence that, on average, big injury firms get less money for moderate to serious & catastrophic injury cases.
- Most of the guys on the billboards from big injury law firms aren’t trial lawyers. They are marketing experts – and they hired random lawyers with varying levels of experience to handle the cases that their expensive marketing generated.
- Large injury law firms spend no more money than we do, per case, and have no more resources than we do, per case.
- If you call a big law firm, your phone call will be answered by an in house call center, where receptionists are highly trained sales people, not educated in the law.
- There are several “small” firms in town that are really just partnerships with the bigger firms.
- Many lawyers and law firms never file lawsuits AND will not tell you ahead of time.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT & BETTER
- We are a small team of lawyers, who work together as a team on every case.
- Our team includes:
- one lawyer who is a former law professor, has won a long list of prestigious industry awards as an injury lawyer, formerly graduated second in her law school class, and formerly worked for a couple of the biggest insurance defense law firms in the world, where she worked primarily on multi-million dollar cases for the defense;
- another lawyer who is the former President of the Florida Justice Association (the leading personal injury lawyer’s organization in the state), has had some of the highest verdicts to his credit in statewide history, and is extremely well-connected to judges, other lawyers, and medical professionals;
- another lawyer has extensive trial experience, as a former public defender who handled countless jury trials, and also a former journalist, and has many years of experience working as a personal injury lawyer with us, which helps him tell our client’s stories to any jury or mediator;
- small very experienced team of paralegals, who work closely under our daily supervision;
- other lawyers who get involved as co-counsel when their specialties would help your case (for no extra charge).
- We have achieved many tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, and multi-million dollar recoveries for our clients (and we have worked on the defense side in many multi-million dollar cases).
- You will not feel like a number with us.
- We do not operate in a high volume manner. We believe this is ESSENTIAL to any lawyer’s success, because serious injury cases take a lot of time, which is why we strongly oppose the large law firm structure.
- We constantly compare notes with lawyers throughout the state, regarding case values for similar types of cases, including published and unpublished results in similar cases.
- We are extremely careful about recommending settlement versus trial to our clients, and we explain in detail the pros and cons of each, based on the specific good and bad facts in their cases.
AWARDS WE HAVE WON
- selected as the “Best of the Best” Personal Injury Lawyers (an award which goes to only .05% of the 1.3 million lawyers nationwide);
- chosen as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Florida” by Lawyers of Distinction;
- named a “Ten Best Female Lawyers” in Florida, by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys;
- picked as one of the “10 Best Florida Lawyers,” by the American Institute of Legal Counsel;
- selected as a National Trial Lawyers as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer;
- chosen for a “10 Best” Client Satisfaction Award, from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys;
- member of the Million Dollar Advocates Club (fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide are members);
- membership in The Top Trial Lawyers in America®.
- chosen by Expertise.com as one of the 20 best Orlando medical malpractice lawyers;
- named a Number One Personal Injury, Car Accident & Wrongful Death Attorney By Orlando Style Magazine, based on client and other attorney ratings;
- picked one of the “Three Best Rated” Orlando Accident Attorneys based on handpicked selection;
- achieved a “superb” perfect “10.0” AVVO rating as an auto accident attorney.
- named one of Orlando’s “Ten Best” personal injury attorneys by Thumbtack rating system.
- Accredited by the Central Florida Better Business Bureau.
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU CALL US
- We are not high pressure. We just want to help you. Calling us is free, and there is no cost or obligation to hear our opinion. You can also text. The best number is 407-803-2139.
- If you have been involved in an accident, and we think we might be able to help, we will tell you what we think you should do, and why.
- Your call may initially be answered by a third party answering service. We provide the few quick questions that they ask. They forward your answers to us immediately, and try to put your call through to one of our lawyers or paralegals. If we are available, we will take your call that minute. If we are not, then we will call you back very soon.
- There are some cases we cannot handle. That’s because of Florida laws that make lawsuits extremely difficult or impossible in certain situations.
- We will be honest with you.
- We will tell you when or if we aren’t the best lawyers to handle your case, and refer you to lawyers who specialize in your particular type of case, if there are other lawyers who would be better to help you.
- We will tell you if you really don’t need a lawyer.
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU HIRE US
If you have minor injuries:
- We want to make sure that you get the medical evaluation you need ASAP – just in case you actually have a more serious injury.
- We do not need to collect as much evidence because there is not as much of a fight from the insurance company on paying minor injury claims. We just need proof of your medical treatment.
- Unless your condition becomes more serious, we usually do not have to file lawsuits in less serious injury cases. These cases are usually settled pre-suit during direct negotiations with the insurance company.
- We compile a demand package to send to the insurance company, which includes any photos and a written letter from us, explaining the legal reasons you should prevail, how the accident has affected your life, and detailing whatever treatment you have received.
If you have moderate to severe or catastrophic injuries (or someone died):
- We try to find out, as quickly as possible, how much insurance money is available. The amount at stake tells us how hard the insurance company is going to fight back. If there is a lot of available insurance money, then we immediately work hard on collecting the evidence needed to get you the most money possible.
- Whether we have to file a lawsuit depends on the amount of insurance coverage available. We monitor both of those things carefully.
- The lawyer work on ALL moderate to serious injury (or death) cases is extensive, usually performed over 2-3 years, and very tailored to the unique facts of each individual case.
- Sometimes we can settle serious injury or death cases more quickly.
- Whether we can resolve serious injury cases more quickly usually depends on the amount of insurance coverage, the degree of fault (of the defendant), and any contributing fault they claim you have.
- Serious or catastrophic injury cases often require paid expert testimony to get the most money possible. We have very long-standing connections with some of the best experts in the world, who are very experienced with testifying (these experts are only needed in moderate to severe injury (or death) cases).
Regardless Of The Size Of Your Case
- Your case will never settle without careful review and consideration by our lawyers. And we would never settle a case without your 100% understanding and agreement.
- We file lawsuits on moderate to serious injury cases with substantial insurance policies (lawsuits are not necessary with lower value insurance policies or less serious injuries).
- MANY law firms never file lawsuits. Yet, lawsuits are sometimes the only way to maximize your financial recovery.
- Regardless of the seriousness of your injuries, or the size of the insurance policy, we take seriously our job to make sure each one of our clients gets the most money possible at the end of their case.
WHAT ARE OUR FEES?
- Our fees are free unless we win. There is no fee to hire. Consultations are free.
- We work on contingency, which means we are motivated to get you the most money possible.
- We get paid at the end of your case, by way of deducting a percentage from your recovery.
- Lawyer fees in personal injury cases are regulated by the Florida Bar, under Rule 4-1.5.
- More about our fees:
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Our lawyers have all come from very humble beginnings. So we understand people from all walks of life, and the power of hard work and sacrifice. And we have all also experienced the heartbreak of human suffering, illness & serious injuries. We know that a serious injury from any accident can destroy many things that you hold dear in life. And we work tirelessly, every day, to make sure that we recover the most money possible to help you through one of the most difficult events in your life.
- At the most basic level, your lawyer’s job is to listen to you, collect evidence on your behalf, then tell your story.
- In all cases, but especially serious injury & death cases, we wish we could go back in time and prevent the accident, rather than have you as a client now. Still, we do our absolute best to make your life more positive going forward, with as much financial support as there is available to win for you.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
We handle many different types of accidents, caused by another person or business. Some of the personal injury cases that our firm handles include:
- AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- SEMI-TRUCK OR TRACTOR-TRAILER ACCIDENTS
- COMMERCIAL TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- UBER / LYFT ACCIDENTS
- GOLF CART ACCIDENTS
- BICYCLE ACCIDENTS
- PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
- PREMISES LIABILITY
- BOATING ACCIDENTS
- JET SKI ACCIDENTS
- WORK PLACE ACCIDENTS
- NURSING HOME ABUSE
- DOG BITES
- POOL DROWNINGS
- AMUSEMENT PARK ACCIDENTS
- PLANE CRASHES
- SLIP & FALL
- INJURIES CAUSED BY POOR DESIGN OR CONSTRUCTION OF PROPERTY
- NEGLIGENT SECURITY
- SEVERE ASSUALT, RAPE, OR MURDER ON ANOTHER’S PROPERTY
- WRONGFUL DEATH
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
- BIRTH INJURIES
- MISDIAGNOSIS OF STROKE OR HEART ATTACK
- MISDIAGNOSIS OF CANCER
- SURGICAL INJURIES OR DEATH
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE IN TIME TO PREVENT FURTHER INJURY OR DEATH
- FAILURE TO RUN PROPER TESTS
- FAILURE TO OBTAIN SECOND EXPERT OPINION
WHERE WE WORK
- We are personal injury lawyers based in Orlando, Florida.
- We handle moderate to severe or catastrophic injury (or death) cases from any accidents that happened anywhere in Florida.
- We are also licensed in Georgia and have represented clients in catastrophic injury and death cases in Georgia. If we can’t handle the case, we have connections to excellent GA lawyers, and can refer you to them.
- We only consider catastrophic injury and death cases from other states, and some states do not allow outside lawyers to get involved.